Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Pictures from May 9th and 10th

To follow up the first post, here is a small selection of photos from the first two days:


This man is believed to have been awarded "Citizen of the Year" by the Vietnamese government.


An awesome prank. (Note the helmet atop the bamboo poles)


This is about a quarter of the bikes parked at UEF (University of Economics and Finance) at any one time.


A set of Residential (Tan roofs) and Commercial (High Rises) districts in Phu My Hung as they stand today.


A presentation by Mr. Hien of Phu My Hung; the model is the current master plan for the entire "city" Phu My Hung has created. White buildings are in existence/under construction, whereas brown buildings have yet to be designed.


Currently a small community, these buildings have been purchased by UEF and will eventually be destroyed and their owners displaced to make way for a new UEF campus. Admirable...



What I assume is a bumper sticker with a witty spin on the term "viet kieu", used to describe people of Vietnamese ethnicity who are not citizens of Vietnam.

I'm getting better at actually using my camera, so hopefully I can have better pictures up eventually as the two weeks go by.


No comments:

Post a Comment